BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pro-crasti-nation!!

Is there something you ought to be doing right now? Chances are, YES. Well, to be honest, there is always something we ought to be doing at every moment, but it’s just the sluggish nature of ours that envies the right thing to be done at the right time.

Going by the RD figures, 95% people procrastinate. So what’s the big deal? Everybody does it. It’s just the way we are. But the figures also reflect a morose side to the story. It hampers our health, wealth and a vast sea of opportunities.

It starts by a little deferment and by the time we realize it, the list has already prolonged to the next page. Then the cognition takes us through the lane among the mine-fields. Our sole aim becomes to shorten that list. We keep swinging in the to-and-fro motion of that lost endeavour and miss out on the episode of the present.

I showcased the same order of events last week. I even resorted to make a list and by the time I started with one thing something else popped-up. The To-do option in my phone do came in handy. I completed 12 of the 15 tasks I was set out to do. What helped my cause was that I completed the most challenging task first. I didn’t intend to do it first, it sort-of happened, but I do had the willingness and yes, the efforts did pay off to conclude the leftovers.

So, as the saying goes, the best time to do a task, is NOW. We never know when the presence will lose its ‘tranquility’ or more importantly it’s ‘essence’.

No comments:

Post a Comment